So what’s in that weird little booklet, anyway? Your owner’s manual comes with your car and has a lot of useful information in it. Here are five of the most useful things you can find in your owner’s manual.
Do I need to keep my owner’s manual in my car?
While keeping your owner’s manual in your car isn’t required like it is to keep your insurance in your car, it’s a good idea. You should absolutely keep the manual for reference, even if it’s at home. But keep in mind—it is designed to help you on the road . Here are a few things it can tell you.
- How to set up your car: Can’t figure out how to hook up Bluetooth to save your life? Your owner’s manual has the information you need to get everything ready to roll.
- Simple how-tos: Got a flat or a window that won’t roll down? Your owner’s manual will have helpful instructions for how to deal with common problems.
- Service suggestions: From suggested tire pressure to general maintenance information, your manual will tell you the best ways to take care of your car.
- What that light means: If a warning light comes on, your owner’s manual will be able to tell you what it means and what needs to be done.
- What that button does: New technology means lots of levers, switches, and buttons. Your owner’s manual will be able to tell you how to use them and what they’re for.
Looking to learn a little more about your car? Come see us at Volkswagen of Oneonta. Our service center can help you with your mechanical needs and our sales team would be happy to show you our inventory if you’re in the market for an upgrade.